Sunday 11 January 2009

Currently in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

I am currently in Bangladesh on a work trip, and have little access to the Internet. As such, I will not be able to blog as frequently as I would like to.

Several issues have caught my attention over the last week, including the police response to B. Prabakar's allegations of torchure, the raging war in Sri Lanka and Gaza, the Kuala Terengganu by-elections, etc.

However, one issue that is deeply troubling is the allegation of irregularities in the MIED awarding of AIMST contracts. While it would not be wise for me to comment on this issue, as I do not know the facts of the case, it would suffice to say that AIMST is the jewel of the MIC. Many in the MIC worked hard to see AIMST become a reality. I hope the panel appointed to investigate the allegations do so in a fair and transparent manner. After all the MAIKA allegations, the MIC could seriously do without another scandal, particularly one tainting the success of AIMST.

No comments: