Thursday 5 February 2009

You jump, I jump, remember?


I get up,
And nothing gets me down.
You got it tough.
I've seen the toughest around.
And I know,
Baby, just how you feel.
Youve got to roll with the punches to get to whats real
Oh cant you see me standing here,
Ive got my back against the record machine
I aint the worst that you've seen.
Oh cant you see what I mean?
Might as well jump, jump!
Might as well jump.
Go ahead, jump, jump!
Go ahead, jump.
Aaa-ohh hey you!
How said that?
Baby how you been ?
You say you dont know, you wont know
Until we begin.
Well cant you see me standing here,
I've got my back against the record machine
I aint the worst that you've seen.
Oh cant you see what I mean?
Might as well jump, jump!
Go ahead, jump.
Might as well jump, jump!
Go ahead, jump.
Might as well jump, jump!
Go ahead, jump.
Get it and jump, jump!
Go ahead, jump.

That's a song by Van Halen. It could very well describe the political situation in Perak right now. Let's get one thing straight. I do not condone elected representatives hopping parties. That is an outright betrayal of the voters who put them in power. Voters in Malaysia vote parties, not personalities. It is despicable to betray the trust of the people in such a cheap fashion.

That said, there is a plethora of condemnation against the representatives in Perak who jumped ship. Rightly so. But what puzzles me most, where were all these people when Anwar Ibrahim openly courted BN MPs? What, you think there was no money involved then? Where were all these people when the Bota ADUN jumped ship to PR, albeit for ten days? So that was okay? Why all the fuss now when the PR reps jump to BN? A bunch of hypocrites, I tell you!

I'm upset that BN is trying to wrest control of Perak in this manner. I risk being against BN policy, but I'm saying it anyway. This is NOT RIGHT!

I hope and pray that the Sultan calls for a fresh election. Let's win the right way. I know Anwar Ibrahim started this entire 'kataking' culture. I know the BN has beat him in his own game and made him eat his words. But this is not the way I would like to see the BN get in power. Let's have a brand new state elections, and let the people decide. Either way.

Daulat Tuanku.

P.S. I'm in Bangladesh yet again, with real poor Internet access, so please forgive me if I cannot update this blog as frequently as I'd like to.

No comments: